PKI-LITE is a full featured PKI solution deployed with existing campus standards for
identification & authentication and security.
- X.509 Certification Authority Policy & Practices [HTML Format]
[Download: Word Format] or [PDF Format]
- This site details the Statement of Higher Education PKI-Lite Policy and Practices regarding the Certificate Profile and the Certification Practice Statement. The HEPKI Lite Certificate Policy (CP) outlines the guidelines for establishing user identity, certificate revocation, private key protection, subject key-pair generation and private key protection, certificate profile and certificate usage. The HEPKI Lite Certification Practice Statement (CPS) provides the template for issuing a practice statement.
- Relying Party Statement [HTML Format][Download: Word Format] or [PDF Format]
- The replying party statement is designed as a policy framework table to provide a tool for development of a compatible Higher Education Certificate Policy Statement. The goal of this is to map "trust" between the Federal CA and HEPKI environments. Ideally, it is desired to further map "trust" to also include the European academic and research community and commercial CA operations.
- Certification Authority Certificate Profile
- The HEPKI-Lite Certification Authority Certificate Profile Summary Table shows the field names, values, explanation and certificate extensions that are needed for issuing certificates under the HEPKI-Lite Certificate Policy. Implementor notes are included.
- End Entity Certificate Profile
- The HEPKI-Lite End Entity Certificate Profile Summary Table shows the field names, values, explanation and certificate extensions that are needed for issuing certificates under the HEPKI-Lite Certificate Policy. Implementor notes are included.
- HEPKI-TAG Archive
- Completed HEPKI-TAG projects are reviewed on this site. Included is: the Certificate Profile Maker (CPM) for making a certificate profile in XML format, planned PKI applications at various school and a partial list of PKI activity website.
- HEPKI-PAG Activities
- A listing and description of activities sponsored by and fostered within the HEPKI Policy Activities Groups (HEPKI_PAG). Topics include certificate policy draft statements, shared RFP's, federal and state government laws and activities, open records acts, FERPA, campus educational materials and minutes of past conference calls.
- Certificate Profile Maker
- The Certificate Profile Maker (CPM) is a CGI program package for making a certificate profile in XML format.
- The CA Guidebook is a draft handbook for getting started with digital certificates. Topics include how to know if you need a campus CA, how to setup and operate a campus CA and how to launch a CA and issue certificates. The guidebook also contains a planning timeline and questions and answers about browsers, root certificates and educating the campus community. Finally, the guidebook provides important information for external content providers who may wish to deliver their information securely using digital certificates.